While I was waiting to meet Justine in a coffee shop, I ordered a delicious-looking piece of banana bread and sat down at a comfy couch. Before I knew it, Justine had walked in and came to give me a big hug. Justine was definitely full of energy and looked like a woman on the go. She was unapologetically herself, which was refreshing.
Justine had just come in from working out at a local fitness studio Roc & Soul Fitness. With a heart for local businesses in Rochester, NY, Justine is a woman who loves helping people and getting involved. Besides being a brand ambassador for Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and Chandeliers Boutique, she also runs a business with Mary Kay full-time.
The Italian beauty also offers bridal makeup services to her clients—JM makeup and Bridal, a business she runs with her mom. Her heart is to “empower women to live their dream life and put their best face forward.” Justine is also a co-founder of Roc Girl Bosses, which is “dedicated to promoting community over competition and strengthening relationships between women business owners by providing education, networking, philanthropic and social outlets.”
As we laughed and talked, I noticed a calm confidence about her. A hard-working woman, Justine built her businesses through... “blood, sweat and tears taking God as my business partner,” as she put it.
Once she completed her degree in Business and Arts Management in Virginia, she had considered going into the wedding planning business, after obtaining some experience in the field. But as fate would have it, she met her husband Nate, and they decided to move back up in Rochester, to be closer to her family. They came here, and since then Justine's hit the ground running.
Just like the motto of Mary Kay, Justine lives out her life “God first, family second, career third.” This girl definitely keeps it real. My kind of girl.
1. What's the first thing you do when you wake up? I go through my grateful list and do my positive affirmation for the day.
2. What's your favorite thing to wear? I opt for bright and colorful clothes. I’m a thrift shopper so anything vintage and unique.
3. If you could pick one word to describe yourself it would be... Fun!
4. What's one beauty product you cannot live without? Lash Intensity Mascara by Mary Kay saves lives.
5. Everyday is better with... a little bit of chocolate and a whole lot of Jesus.