Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 4
One of my favorite dishes is chicken curry. It’s a one-of-kind unique flavor originating from India. I’ve tried it in several places and they can range from super spicy to extremely mild. I love the mixture of turmeric, coriander and ginger that give curry it’s distinctive flavor.
I’ve since decided to make my own version of this delicious meal at home. My husband and I enjoy it immensely. Here are the directions.
2 cups of Basmati Rice
5 pieces of tenderloin chicken
5 cloves of garlic
1 full onion
Hot Curry Powder Mixture (Coriander, Cumin, Tumeric and Ginger)
6 ounces of coconut milk
1 cup of chicken broth
Garlic Naan Bread
1. Cook the rice separately. I use the Instant Pot and put it on the rice setting which is about 12 minutes. If you use brown rice, put the setting manually to 20 minutes.
2. Mince the garlic and onions and sauté them in a pot over medium heat. Season with salt, curry powder (I use the Ziyad brand), and paprika (for color). Do this for about 3-5 minutes.
3. Chop the chicken tenderloins into small bite size pieces and then add to the garlic and onion. Let simmer until mostly cooked. Sprinkle a little more salt and curry powder as needed.
4. Add about half a cup of chicken broth and 2/3 cup of coconut milk. Let the flavors blend for a few minutes. Test to taste and adjust with more seasoning as needed.
5. Garnish with some parsley.
6. Serve with basmati rice and/or garlic naan bread.
Taste and enjoy!